MQTTX Copilot (Beta)
MQTTX Copilot is an AI assistant designed to assist with MQTT-related queries, provide solutions for common issues, and offer insights into best practices.
It plays a crucial role in testing MQTT connections, publishing, subscribing to topics, debugging, and developing MQTT applications and brokers, simplifying these processes and enhancing the overall MQTT experience.
Note: MQTTX Copilot is currently in Beta, available since the v1.9.7. The accuracy and quality of its responses depend on the GPT model used. User feedback is essential for its ongoing improvement.
MQTTX Copilot is powered by OpenAI's GPT models, requiring an OpenAI API Key for operation. Here's how to set it up:
- Obtaining the OpenAI API Key:
- Visit the OpenAI API page.
- Sign up or log in to obtain your API Key.
- Configuring the API Key in MQTTX:
- Open MQTTX and go to the settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom and enter your OpenAI API Key in the designated field.
- Selecting the GPT Model:
- Choose a GPT model version (e.g., GPT-3.5 or GPT-4) based on your needs (the default is gpt-3.5-turbo).
- Ensure the model is compatible with your OpenAI API Key.
Once configured, you're ready to use MQTTX Copilot.
MQTTX Copilot seamlessly integrates into MQTTX Desktop, requiring no additional downloads or installations. To access Copilot, click the message icon located in the top right corner of the MQTTX Desktop interface. This feature is currently only accessible from the connection page.
To start a new conversation or clear the existing dialogue history in Copilot, click the delete button next to the close option in the dialogue box. This action resets the conversation, allowing you to begin afresh.
Error Analysis with One Click:
When encountering errors during connection or subscription, click the "Ask Copilot" button in the error prompt. MQTTX Copilot assists in analyzing potential causes, enabling systematic troubleshooting to resolve the issue.
MQTTX Copilot provides a one-click solution for generating MQTT client code to streamline the setup process for various programming languages.
Automated Test Data Generation:
Quickly generate test payloads for analyzing and optimizing MQTT data implementations. This functionality aids in efficiently setting up and evaluating various MQTT scenarios.
MQTT FAQs, EMQX Tutorials, and Log Analysis:
Get tips, step-by-step guidance on MQTT FAQs, and comprehensive EMQX installation and usage tutorials. These resources are designed to improve user knowledge and skills in both MQTT and EMQX. Additionally, users can now analyze EMQX logs with a single click, simplifying the log review process.
- In-depth Connection Analysis: Quickly analyze and interpret connection information with a single click, providing deep insights into MQTT connections for more efficient management and usage.
- Automatic Test Documentation Generation: Copilot automatically generates test documentation for the current MQTT connection, enhancing understanding and offering comprehensive documentation support for MQTT testing scenarios.
MQTTX Copilot offers the ability to create custom prompts, adding a layer of personalization to your experience. This feature lets you craft queries or commands according to your unique requirements. For example, you might type "How do I clear a retained message in MQTT?" to get a tailored response based on your needs.
MQTTX Copilot enhances interaction by supporting keywords for quick information retrieval. Use a keyword like
@connection in your prompt for immediate access to specific data. For instance, typing "what's the host in @connection" quickly fetches the host information from your current connection.
- Copy MQTT Client Code: Enhance your productivity with this feature that allows for quick generation and application of MQTT client code.
- Insert MQTT Test Data: Easily insert pre-generated MQTT test data into the payload editor, streamlining testing process.
- Expanded Keywords: Adding
@topics, etc., for quick data insights and management.
While MQTTX Copilot is free, it depends on a paid OpenAI API Key. MQTTX remains completely open-source.
For bug reports or feature suggestions, please submit your Feedback on GitHub Issues.
MQTTX Copilot has a default context limit of 20. Exceeding this limit may require starting a new conversation for accurate responses.
To start a new conversation in MQTTX Copilot, click the delete button at the top. This action clears all previous conversations, allowing you to initiate a fresh dialogue.